Ontario Autism Program
Horse Therapy Centre of Canada meets all of the requirements for the Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS) for the new Ontario Autism Program (OAP).
H.T.C.C. offers comprehensive ABA therapy and Intensive Behaviour Intervention (IBI) for clients 2 years and older. ABA therapy improves social, communication, and learning skills for Autistic clients with the goal of accelerating your child’s rate of acquisition and increasing their learning trajectory (how fast they learn and what they learn). Treatment is provided in an intensive, IBI, format which ranges from 20-40 hours per week for your child. ABA services require regular parent and caregiver homework and coaching.
What We Offer
- 20-40 hours of treatment per week
- 1:1 instruction
- On-time drop-off and pick-up.
- Half-day and/or full-day sessions Monday through Friday (8:30-12:30 pm or 12:30-4:30 pm)
- A comprehensive approach to teaching across all developmental domains
- Collaboration with other service providers and school
- Play and activity-based teaching
- Natural Environment Training (NET) in our farm-house based centre
- Focus on generalizing new skills across environments, people, and things
- Focus on skill maintenance over time
- Monthly team meetings
- Ongoing assessments
- Ongoing and regular supervision by a BCBA