We will contact you when a space is available.
Your child will work with an Instructor Therapist and/or Registered Behaviour Technician to assess their baseline skills. This process can take up to 3 weeks, depending on your child. HTCC uses ABLLS-R/VBMAPP Assessments.
Your child will be invited to join our social groups from 4:30 – 6:00 pm daily. During these groups, your child will learn social skills and be able to practice socially appropriate behaviours among other peers.
How We Teach
Programs are personalized intensive interventions utilizing the science-based Principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). We use curriculums that are built for teaching those with ASD.
Using techniques like Discrete Trial Training, Direct Instruction, Incidental Teaching, Errorless Teaching and Natural Environment Teaching we can teach a variety of skills such as:
- Communication skills – Receptive, Intraverbal and Expressive language
- Academic skills – Math, Reading, Writing
- Visual Performance skills
- Social Play and Leisure skills
- Fine and Gross Motor skills
- Routine and Life Skills
- Self Help skills – dressing, eating, grooming, toileting
- Behaviour Management Intervention (challenging behaviours)
Assessment & Supervision
The Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS)
is a comprehensive skills-based system of assessment, curriculum, and tracking system that addresses the basic language and functional skills of an individual with autism and other developmental delays. We use this as a guide to assess, plan and implement programs to teach the skills required by that individual. This process is supervised by a Senior Therapist and a Clinical Director (BCBA) to ensure the programs are a good fit and the child is making progress. If this is not the case, the program will be revised.
BCBA Consultation/Program Supervision
is provided on-site or by remote access, with all recommendations written up and provided. This service is provided on an as-needed basis for parent/caregiver-driven programs. We also collaborate with auxiliary service providers such as Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, or Schools as requested and necessary.
Horse Therapy Centre of Canada offers Best Practice Standards which include individualized programs based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and Skinner’s analysis of Verbal Behaviour and is bound by the BACB.
Included in ABA Therapy Session
- Speech & Language Therapy (Includes echoic sound development, requesting, receptive language, answering questions, talking in sentences & conversation skills)
- Motor Imitation Therapy (Vital to develop natural learning skills)
- Academic Skills Therapy (Includes visual performance, math & reading)
- Fine Motor Therapy (Includes writing skills & strengthening hands)
- Gross Motor Therapy (Includes strengthening the body & co-ordination)
- Sensory Therapy
- Social Skills Therapy
- Life Skills Therapy (Includes toileting, eating & dressing)
- Play and Leisure Skills Therapy
- Behaviour Management Intervention Therapy
- Program Binder
- Program materials
- Regular Progress Reports
- Data management
- Weekly Supervision by a Senior Therapist
- Parent/Caregiver Coaching
- Daily correspondence and transparency
- Unlimited e-mail/phone correspondence
- Regular Team meetings
- Clinical meetings with the family, when necessary
- Funding time logs, as required
- BCBA Clinical Supervision as required by the funding agency
Direct Client Hours
- Your child in therapy
Indirect Client Hours
- (billed by use)
- 5% of direct client hours
- with family or third parties
Social Skills Groups
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm Daily